Jason Clarke in Talks for 'Terminator' Reboot
Alan Taylor is directing the reboot for Paramount, Annapurna Pictures and Skydance.
Jason Clarke just may be the man to save the human race.
Clarke has the offer and is in talks to play the role of human rebel leader John Connor in the Terminator reboot being made by Paramount, Annapurna Pictures and Skydance, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.
The project is in the early casting stages and is seeking actors to fill in the iconic roles created by the early James Cameron-Arnold Schwarzenegger sci-fi movies where robots and artificial intelligence seek to exterminate humanity.
Schwarzenegger is back and the role of Connor is in the midst of being decided between Emilia Clarke and Brie Larson, both of whom tested in November.
The project will also look to cast its Kyle Reece, the resistance fighter who travels back in time and end up fathering Connor.
Clarke has wrapped several movies since breaking out with last year’s Zero Dark Thirty, with Dawn of the Planet of the Apes among them. He is also due to star in Universal’s Everest movie.
Clarke is repped by CAA.
Follow Heat Vision
- Asylum Film Or Children's Book With Tara Reid And Ian Ziering, Stars of 'Sharknado 2'
- Maggie Gyllenhaal Explains How Batman Is Like Pussy Riot
- (VIDEO) Multi-Channel Network Collective Digital Studio Launches New Content for Purina
- Watch #AOLBUILD Live Stream Featuring Aubrey Plaza, Dane Dehaan and @LifeAftrBeth Director Jeff Baena
- Justin Bieber Shares Photo of Orlando Bloom's Ex-Wife Miranda Kerr After Fight Video Surfaces
- Charlie Hunnam Makes Up For Missing Comic-Con in Funny Video - Watch Now!
- Zoe Saldana Hides Baby Bump in Black Dress at 'Guardians of the Galaxy' Screening
- Elizabeth Banks: 'I'm Very Genetically Blessed, I Cannot Deny It'