Jason Clarke in Talks for 'Terminator' Reboot
Alan Taylor is directing the reboot for Paramount, Annapurna Pictures and Skydance.
Jason Clarke just may be the man to save the human race.
Clarke has the offer and is in talks to play the role of human rebel leader John Connor in the Terminator reboot being made by Paramount, Annapurna Pictures and Skydance, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.
The project is in the early casting stages and is seeking actors to fill in the iconic roles created by the early James Cameron-Arnold Schwarzenegger sci-fi movies where robots and artificial intelligence seek to exterminate humanity.
Schwarzenegger is back and the role of Connor is in the midst of being decided between Emilia Clarke and Brie Larson, both of whom tested in November.
The project will also look to cast its Kyle Reece, the resistance fighter who travels back in time and end up fathering Connor.
Clarke has wrapped several movies since breaking out with last year’s Zero Dark Thirty, with Dawn of the Planet of the Apes among them. He is also due to star in Universal’s Everest movie.
Clarke is repped by CAA.
- Danny Boyle in Talks to Direct Steve Jobs Movie, Leonardo DiCaprio Eyed to Star
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Heat Vision
- Watch These Grooving 'Grannies' Get Down Before Running Marathons For A Good Cause
- David Alan Grier's 'How To Tell Black People Apart' Is Just What The World Needs
- Debbie Allen Knows There Won't Be Diversity On TV Until We Meld Into One Melting Pot Of A Race
- Nikki Reed Talks 'In Your Eyes,' 'Twilight' And More With Co-Star Michael Stahl-David