Jason Clarke in Talks for 'Terminator' Reboot
Alan Taylor is directing the reboot for Paramount, Annapurna Pictures and Skydance.
Jason Clarke just may be the man to save the human race.
Clarke has the offer and is in talks to play the role of human rebel leader John Connor in the Terminator reboot being made by Paramount, Annapurna Pictures and Skydance, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.
The project is in the early casting stages and is seeking actors to fill in the iconic roles created by the early James Cameron-Arnold Schwarzenegger sci-fi movies where robots and artificial intelligence seek to exterminate humanity.
Schwarzenegger is back and the role of Connor is in the midst of being decided between Emilia Clarke and Brie Larson, both of whom tested in November.
The project will also look to cast its Kyle Reece, the resistance fighter who travels back in time and end up fathering Connor.
Clarke has wrapped several movies since breaking out with last year’s Zero Dark Thirty, with Dawn of the Planet of the Apes among them. He is also due to star in Universal’s Everest movie.
Clarke is repped by CAA.
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
Follow Heat Vision
- Selena Gomez Stuns in Two Totally Different Looks at Leonardo DiCaprio's Foundation Gala
- Leonardo DiCaprio Brings Girlfriend Toni Garrn to His Foundation Gala, Raises $25 Million to Protect the Earth!
- Mariah Carey Supports Pal Brett Ratner at 'Hercules' Premiere!
- Gerard Butler Shows Off Chest Hair Touching Down at LAX!