Jay Baruchel Nearing 'Robocop' Deal
Baruchel will join Joel Kinnaman, Hugh Laurie, Samuel L. Jackson, Gary Oldman, Abbie Cornish and Jackie Earle Haley in Jose Padilha's remake of the 1987 sci-fi classic.
Jay Baruchel is nearing a deal to join the cast of Robocop, MGM and Sony’s remake of the classic 1987 sci-fi action movie.
Jose Padilha (Elite Squad) is directing the film, which sees Joel Kinnaman (The Killing) as the title hero, a cop named Alex Murphy who is brought back from the brink of death and turned into a cyborg police officer.
Baruchel is one of the last major players to be boarding the film, which will begin shooting September in Toronto. Hugh Laurie, Samuel L. Jackson, Gary Oldman, Abbie Cornish and Jackie Earle Haley are already in the cast.
Baruchel will play the head of marketing for Omnicorp, the company that is building the police cyborg.
The actor will next be seen in David Cronenberg’s Cosmopolis and just wrapped The End of the World, the directorial debut of Seth Rogen and Evan Goldberg.
Baruchel is repped by CAA, Willie Mercer and Marc Hamou at Thruline Entertainment and attorney Jamie Feldman.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR