Jeff Wadlow to Rewrite 'Masters of the Universe'
No director is on board Columbia's big-screen adaptation at this time.
Jeff Wadlow has come aboard to rewrite Masters of the Universe, Columbia’s big-screen adaptation of the popular 1980s Mattel toyline.
At this stage, Wadlow, who wrote and directed Kick-Ass 2, does not have a deal to direct, although that remains a possibility down the road, sources tell The Hollywood Reporter.
Columbia has been developing the project since 2009, piling writers on top of writers. The project even had Jon M. Chu on board to direct at one point.
Escape Artists’ Todd Black, Jason Blumenthal and Steve Tisch are producing the project.
Much speculation has been made about who will direct the movie and the studio has reportedly drawn up shortlists. But the script is still far from ready, hence Wadlow’s rewrite gig.
The rewrite will dictate where the studio heads next but it does put Wadlow, who is also working on X-Force for Fox, in a good spot to be in the mix when the time comes.
He is repped by WME and Hirsch Wallerstein.
Titans of Comic-Con: Stars Re-Create Classic Characters (Photos)
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
Follow Heat Vision
- Neil LaBute Q&A: The Controversial Playwright Talks About His L.A. Theater Takeover
- Top Off-Broadway Shows to Watch in NYC This Season: Part One
- Megan Fox Is Not Thrilled About The 'Girl Power' That Was Cut From 'TMNT'
- Keith Olbermann's Powerful Speech About Lack Of Respect For Women In Sports Is A Must Watch
- Kit Harington & Nikolaj Coster Waldau Make Us Laugh With 'Game of Thrones' Bloopers Reel - Watch Now!
- Lea Michele & Boyfriend Matthew Paetz Roll Up Their Jeans For LAX Landing
- Channing Tatum Joins Rapper Biz Markie For 'Just a Friend' Performance During Comic-Con Panel - Watch Now!
- Salma Hayek Teases Us By Saying She Barely Wears Anything in 'Everly'