Jeffrey Brown Returns With 'Goodnight Darth Vader' Storybook
Chronicle Books' third story, which focuses on the Dark Lord of the Sith's parenting skills, will be told in verse.
Of all the characters in the vast Star Wars universe that you could imagine becoming a model parent, Darth Vader shouldn't figure high on anyone's list. Not only was he an absent father (and genocidal cyborg), but he dedicated his later life to tracking down and humiliating his offspring -- not something you'd suggest others should follow suit doing. And yet, this July we will see the debut of the third book in Jeffrey Brown's heartwarming series about Darth Vader, Sith Daddy.
Goodnight Darth Vader follows the earlier success of Darth Vader and Son and Vader's Little Princess, in which Brown reimagined the Star Wars mythos so that Vader raised both Luke and Leia himself and became a doting, exhausted and comedic father in the process.
The series has been a critical and commercial success to date, spinning off calendars, journals and postcards featuring art from the indie cartoonist in addition to the New York Times-best-selling main titles.
Unlike the earlier volumes, Goodnight doesn't focus on Vader's relationship with one child, but instead on raising Luke and Leia as twins with the story told in verse. The new title will debut at this year's San Diego Comic-Con, with publisher Chronicle Books promising an official bookstore release following a month later in August.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Heat Vision
- Shakira Reveals Why Music Videos With Men Are 'Out Of the Question'
- Even Juan Pablo Thinks This Season Of 'The Bachelor' Has Been A Soap Opera
- DJ Cassidy Shares Details On New Album, 'Paradise Royale,' And The Resurgence Of Disco
- 7-Year-Old Stuns Viewers When She Sings 'Gloomy Sunday' By Billie Holiday (VIDEO)