Jeffrey Dean Morgan Joins Chloe Moretz in Indie Drama 'The Rut'
The Karyn Kusama-directed movie is being described as "Winter’s Bone" meets "Into the Wild."
Jeffrey Dean Morgan is attached to star in The Rut, an indie drama being directed by Karyn Kusama.
Morgan will join Chloe Moretz, currently seen in Hugo, in what is being described as Winter’s Bone meets Into the Wild.
Written by Kevin Caruso, the story centers on a young girl (Moretz) who, in order to win the approval of her father (Morgan), surrounds herself with danger and adventure as she journeys into the wilderness alone to hunt deer.
Aaron Magnani and Martha Griffin are producing. Teri and Trevor Moretz are exec producing.
Financing is being put together and the producers are tentatively eying an October start.
Morgan was last seen in Peace, Love & Misunderstanding. He will next be seen in Red Dawn and has thrillers The Courier and The Possession in the can. Morgan is repped by UTA, Precision Entertainment and Bloom Hergott.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Heat Vision
- Catherine Deneuve Kicks Off Rendez-vous With French Cinema
- Fresh Off His Oscar Win, 'Gravity' Director Alfonso Cuaron Turns To TV With 'Believe'
- 'The Dog' Filmmakers On Finding The Real-Life 'Dog Day Afternoon' Guy
- 'MasterChef' Judge Graham Elliot Shows Off Impressive 150-Pound Weight Loss On Instagram