Jeffrey Dean Morgan to Star in Jonas Cuaron's 'Desierto' (Exclusive)
Cuaron, who co-wrote "Gravity" with his father Alfonso Cuaron, is directing the movie.
Jonas Cuaron has found his villain.
Jeffrey Dean Morgan will star opposite Gael Garcia Bernal in Desierto, the thriller being directed by Cuaron, who co-wrote the awards contender Gravity with his father, Alfonso Cuaron.
The story centers on a group of illegal immigrants, one of which is played by Bernal, who try to cross the border but run afoul of a man (Morgan) who has taken up border patrol duties in his own racist hands.
Alfonso Cuaron, Carlos Cuaron and Alex Garcia are producing the movie, which will shoot in Baja, California in February.
Bernal is exec producing along with Lucas Akoskin and Santiago Garcia Galvan.
Morgan recently starred in Starz’s original series Magic City and has credits that include the Red Dawn remake, Watchmen and his breakout role on Grey’s Anatomy.
He is repped by UTA, Precision Entertainment and Bloom Hergott.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR