Jeffrey Dean Morgan to Star in Jonas Cuaron's 'Desierto' (Exclusive)
Cuaron, who co-wrote "Gravity" with his father Alfonso Cuaron, is directing the movie.
Jonas Cuaron has found his villain.
Jeffrey Dean Morgan will star opposite Gael Garcia Bernal in Desierto, the thriller being directed by Cuaron, who co-wrote the awards contender Gravity with his father, Alfonso Cuaron.
The story centers on a group of illegal immigrants, one of which is played by Bernal, who try to cross the border but run afoul of a man (Morgan) who has taken up border patrol duties in his own racist hands.
Alfonso Cuaron, Carlos Cuaron and Alex Garcia are producing the movie, which will shoot in Baja, California in February.
Bernal is exec producing along with Lucas Akoskin and Santiago Garcia Galvan.
Morgan recently starred in Starz’s original series Magic City and has credits that include the Red Dawn remake, Watchmen and his breakout role on Grey’s Anatomy.
He is repped by UTA, Precision Entertainment and Bloom Hergott.
Titans of Comic-Con: Stars Re-Create Classic Characters (Photos)
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
Follow Heat Vision
- Ansel Elgort & Nick Jonas Are Making Us Swoon at the Young Hollywood Awards 2014!
- Bella Thorne Turns Heads at Young Hollywood Awards 2014
- 'Game of Thrones' Ladies Make a Stylish Entrance to the Entertainment Weekly Comic-Con Party!
- Sofia Vergara & Joe Manganiello 'Couldn't Keep Their Hands Off Each Other' in Miami!