Jeffrey Dean Morgan to Star in Jonas Cuaron's 'Desierto' (Exclusive)
Cuaron, who co-wrote "Gravity" with his father Alfonso Cuaron, is directing the movie.
Jonas Cuaron has found his villain.
Jeffrey Dean Morgan will star opposite Gael Garcia Bernal in Desierto, the thriller being directed by Cuaron, who co-wrote the awards contender Gravity with his father, Alfonso Cuaron.
The story centers on a group of illegal immigrants, one of which is played by Bernal, who try to cross the border but run afoul of a man (Morgan) who has taken up border patrol duties in his own racist hands.
Alfonso Cuaron, Carlos Cuaron and Alex Garcia are producing the movie, which will shoot in Baja, California in February.
Bernal is exec producing along with Lucas Akoskin and Santiago Garcia Galvan.
Morgan recently starred in Starz’s original series Magic City and has credits that include the Red Dawn remake, Watchmen and his breakout role on Grey’s Anatomy.
He is repped by UTA, Precision Entertainment and Bloom Hergott.
Follow Heat Vision
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 5 Ep. 12 Recap: 'Remember' Welcomes Team Rick To The Neighborhood
- Kendall Jenner's Throwback Bikini Photo Reminds Us The Winter Struggle Is Real
- Hollywood's Diversity Problem Starts At The Top, UCLA Report Finds
- Michael Jordan Fails Yet Again To Win 'Richest Person In The World' Title
- The Best Scene in House of Cards Happens in a Women’s Bathroom
- Veronica Roth’s Divergent Follow-up Will Be Star Wars–esque
- Ryan Murphy Gives Touching Speech, Reflects on Glee’s Legacy of Creating Acceptance Through Understanding
- Bob’s Burgers Did Its Own Game of Thrones Last Night, and You Should Be Thankful
- Cody Simpson to Co-Host Victoria's Secret PINK's Spring Break Bash with Gigi Hadid & Rachel Hilbert! (Exclusive)
- Patrick Schwarzenegger Braves Torrential Rain for Lunch with Miley Cyrus!
- Lily James & Cate Blanchett Look Picture Perfect at 'Cinderella' Premiere
- Mumford & Sons Announce New Album 'Wilder Mind' With a Brand New Sound!