Jena Malone Officially Joins 'Hunger Games' Sequel 'Catching Fire'
The actress will play Johanna Mason in the followup.
Jenna Malone has officially joined the cast of The Hunger Games follow-up Catching Fire.
Malone will play the role of snide tribute Johanna Mason, a former Games winner from District 7 who is psychologically damaged from her experience. It's an important role that she'll reprise in the trilogy’s third installment, Mockingjay.
Earlier this summer, the actress received an offer for the part of Johanna, who aligns herself with Katniss Everdeen (Jennifer Lawrence) and Peeta Mellark (Josh Hutcherson) in their return to the arena for an all-star death match.
The Hunger Games: Catching Fire opens Nov. 22, 2013. Francis Lawrence will direct the Lionsgate sequel while Nina Jacobson's Color Force produces with Jon Kilik. This month, Philip Seymour Hoffman signed on to play the role of Plutarch Heavensbee, head gamemaker for the Hunger Games.
Malone, repped by Gersh and Hirsch Wallerstein, most recently appeared in History’s hit miniseries Hatfields & McCoys.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR