Jena Malone Officially Joins 'Hunger Games' Sequel 'Catching Fire'
The actress will play Johanna Mason in the followup.
Jenna Malone has officially joined the cast of The Hunger Games follow-up Catching Fire.
Malone will play the role of snide tribute Johanna Mason, a former Games winner from District 7 who is psychologically damaged from her experience. It's an important role that she'll reprise in the trilogy’s third installment, Mockingjay.
Earlier this summer, the actress received an offer for the part of Johanna, who aligns herself with Katniss Everdeen (Jennifer Lawrence) and Peeta Mellark (Josh Hutcherson) in their return to the arena for an all-star death match.
The Hunger Games: Catching Fire opens Nov. 22, 2013. Francis Lawrence will direct the Lionsgate sequel while Nina Jacobson's Color Force produces with Jon Kilik. This month, Philip Seymour Hoffman signed on to play the role of Plutarch Heavensbee, head gamemaker for the Hunger Games.
Malone, repped by Gersh and Hirsch Wallerstein, most recently appeared in History’s hit miniseries Hatfields & McCoys.
Titans of Comic-Con: Stars Re-Create Classic Characters (Photos)
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
Follow Heat Vision
- Pedro Pascal Really Wishes He Were Still On 'Game Of Thrones,' Even In Small Part
- Morgan Freeman And Jimmy Fallon Talking On Helium Will Make Your Day
- Conversations with Billy Gilman, Ernest Ranglin, Mary Sarah and Gangstagrass' Rench, Plus Ben Jaimen's "Satellites" Exclusive
- 'Hot Tub Time Machine 2' Trailer Is The Funniest Thing On LouNet