Jennifer Lawrence: 'Hunger Games Is Not Twilight'
The star of Lionsgate’s upcoming film says it’s too early to predict if it will become a phenomenon like Summit’s vampire epic.
The comparisons should be expected – both Twilight and The Hunger Games are films based on much-beloved books. Both feature sci-fi, romance, adventure and fantasy. Both star an attractive cast.
So Lionsgate’s highly-anticipated film, starring Jennifer Lawrence, may not come out until March 2012, but there are already comparisons to Summit’s vampire epic. Many expect The Hunger Games -- based on the books by Suzanne Collins -- to reach the same level of phenomenon as the Twilight films.
In a recent interview with Vanity Fair, Lawrence made clear that it was too early to predict the success level of the film.
“Hunger Games is not Twilight, and while I hear the comparisons, it’s really premature to say that it will be the same phenomenon,” she said in an interview with the magazine.
“I’m so proud of the work we did on the film — Gary and the entire cast and crew were amazing, and I can’t wait for it to be brought to life because I think it’s an important story,” she continued. “If it does become a crazy phenomenon, I’ll soak up my freedom now!”
Lawrence will play Katniss Everdeen, a 16-year-old girl living in a futuristic North America – called Panem -- that has been divided into 13 Districts. The government, a.k.a. The Capitol, holds a yearly fight-to-the-death tournament in which two candidates from each District must fight. When Katniss volunteers to fight in the tournament in order to save her younger sister from having to compete, she and her fellow District 12 tribute (played by Josh Hutcherson) must find a way to survive the televised deadly competition.
Follow Heat Vision
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 5 Ep. 12 Recap: 'Remember' Welcomes Team Rick To The Neighborhood
- Kendall Jenner's Throwback Bikini Photo Reminds Us The Winter Struggle Is Real
- Hollywood's Diversity Problem Starts At The Top, UCLA Report Finds
- Michael Jordan Fails Yet Again To Win 'Richest Person In The World' Title
- The Best Scene in House of Cards Happens in a Women’s Bathroom
- Veronica Roth’s Divergent Follow-up Will Be Star Wars–esque
- Ryan Murphy Gives Touching Speech, Reflects on Glee’s Legacy of Creating Acceptance Through Understanding
- Bob’s Burgers Did Its Own Game of Thrones Last Night, and You Should Be Thankful
- Cody Simpson to Co-Host Victoria's Secret PINK's Spring Break Bash with Gigi Hadid & Rachel Hilbert! (Exclusive)
- Patrick Schwarzenegger Braves Torrential Rain for Lunch with Miley Cyrus!
- Lily James & Cate Blanchett Look Picture Perfect at 'Cinderella' Premiere
- Mumford & Sons Announce New Album 'Wilder Mind' With a Brand New Sound!