Jennifer Lopez, Steve Martin Join DreamWorks Animation's 'Home'
Jim Parsons and Rihanna are starring in the adaptation of the book "The True Meaning of Smekday."
Steve Martin and Jennifer Lopez are joining Jim Parsons and Rihanna in Home, the DreamWorks Animation feature formerly known as Happy Smekday!
The adaptation of the Adam Rex book The True Meaning of Smekday is slated for a release in November 2014.
The movie tells of a friendly alien race that invades Earth and begins to efficiently reorganize the planet. But one resourceful girl (Rihanna) manages to escape and finds herself teamed up with a banished alien named Oh (Parsons). The two fugitives find themselves on a postapocalyptic road trip with intergalactic stakes.
Martin will voice the role of the very brave and never-wrong leader Captain Smek, while Lopez will play the girl’s mother.
Tim Johnson, who co-directed DWA’s Antz and Over the Hedge, is directing Home.
Chris Jenkins (Rio, Surf’s Up) and Suzanne Buirgy (Kung Fu Panda 2) are producing. Tom J. Astle and Matt Ember (Get Smart) are currently writing the screenplay.
DWA head of development Gregg Taylor is overseeing the project.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR