Jeremy Irons Joins Alcon's 'Beautiful Creatures'
Viola Davis, Emma Thompson and Emmy Rossum are among the cast members signed on for the big-screen adaptation of the young adult novel by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl.
Jeremy Irons is in final negotiations to join the cast of Beautiful Creatures, Alcon’s adaptation of the young adult novel by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl.
Irons joins a cast that includes Viola Davis, Emma Thompson, Emmy Rossum, Thomas Mann and relative newcomers Jack O’Connell and Alice Englert.
The latter duo are the centerpiece of the coming-of-age story about two star-crossed teens -- one a local boy, the other a mysterious new girl -- who uncover dark secrets about their families, their history and their town.
Irons will play the role of Macon Ravenwood, the mysterious and recluse uncle of Englert’s character named Lena.
Richard LaGravanese wrote the adaptation and is directing.
Irons stars in Showtime’s period drama The Borgias, which returns for a second season in April. Film-wise, he was last seen in Margin Call and will next be seen in CBS Films’ The Words, which stars Bradley Cooper and Olivia Wilde.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR