Jessica Chastain in Talks to Join 'Iron Man 3'
The Shane Black-helmed production begins shooting in North Carolina in five weeks.
The cast of Iron Man 3 continues to grow.
Jessica Chastain is in negotiations to join the Marvel Studios production, which will start shooting in five weeks in North Carolina with Shane Black in the director’s seat, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.
Chastain is not a female lead but will play a supporting role. The female lead belongs to Gwyneth Paltrow, who plays Tony Stark/Iron Man’s long-suffering girlfriend Pepper Potts. Insiders say that Potts will be a beefed-up presence in the new movie.
Guy Pearce and Ben Kingsley are the previously-reported newcomers to the franchise. They are in various stages of negotiations to join mainstays Robert Downey Jr. and Paltrow, plus Don Cheadle.
Chastain next voices a role in Madagascar 3: Europe’s Most Wanted, which opens June 8.
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)