Jessica Chastain Joins Emma Stone in Guillermo del Toro's 'Crimson Peak'
Benedict Cumberbatch and Charlie Hunnam also star in Legendary's gothic horror project.
Jessica Chastain is the latest luminary to join Guillermo del Toro’s gothic horror movie, Crimson Peak.
The actress, Oscar-nominated for her work in last year’s Zero Dark Thirty, is joining Emma Stone, Benedict Cumberbatch and Charlie Hunnam in the Legendary Pictures project, which del Toro is making as his follow-up to his big-budget tentpole Pacific Rim.
A February production start date is planned. Universal Pictures retains an option to join Legendary as a financier.
The gothic horror story centers on a woman who discovers that her husband might not be who he appears to be.
Details on who is playing whom were not revealed.
Del Toro wrote the script with Matthew Robbins; Lucinda Coxon recently did a rewrite.
Chastain last starred in the surprise hit horror movie Mama, which was executive produced by del Toro. She is repped by CAA, Mosaic and Hansen, Jacobson.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR