Jessica Chastain Joins Emma Stone in Guillermo del Toro's 'Crimson Peak'
Benedict Cumberbatch and Charlie Hunnam also star in Legendary's gothic horror project.
Jessica Chastain is the latest luminary to join Guillermo del Toro’s gothic horror movie, Crimson Peak.
The actress, Oscar-nominated for her work in last year’s Zero Dark Thirty, is joining Emma Stone, Benedict Cumberbatch and Charlie Hunnam in the Legendary Pictures project, which del Toro is making as his follow-up to his big-budget tentpole Pacific Rim.
A February production start date is planned. Universal Pictures retains an option to join Legendary as a financier.
The gothic horror story centers on a woman who discovers that her husband might not be who he appears to be.
Details on who is playing whom were not revealed.
Del Toro wrote the script with Matthew Robbins; Lucinda Coxon recently did a rewrite.
Chastain last starred in the surprise hit horror movie Mama, which was executive produced by del Toro. She is repped by CAA, Mosaic and Hansen, Jacobson.
Titans of Comic-Con: Stars Re-Create Classic Characters (Photos)
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
Follow Heat Vision
- Neil LaBute Q&A: The Controversial Playwright Talks About His L.A. Theater Takeover
- Top Off-Broadway Shows to Watch in NYC This Season: Part One
- Megan Fox Is Not Thrilled About The 'Girl Power' That Was Cut From 'TMNT'
- Keith Olbermann's Powerful Speech About Lack Of Respect For Women In Sports Is A Must Watch
- Lea Michele & Boyfriend Matthew Paetz Roll Up Their Jeans For LAX Landing
- Salma Hayek Teases Us By Saying She Barely Wears Anything in 'Everly'