Jim Sturgess to Star Opposite Kate Beckinsale in 'Eliza Graves' (Exclusive)
Brad Anderson is directing the Nu Image/Millennium thriller.
Jim Sturgess will star opposite Kate Beckinsale in Eliza Graves, the psychological thriller from Nu Image/Millennium.
Brad Anderson, who helmed the Halle Berry thriller The Call, is directing the tale, which is loosely based on one of Edgar Allan Poe’s early works, an 1845 short story titled The System of Doctor Tarr and Professor Fether.
Sturgess will star as a Harvard Medical School grad who takes a job a mental institution which the inmates have taken over and are posing as doctors. He becomes obsessed with the title character (Beckinsale), one of the patients.
A June 21 production start date in Bulgaria is penciled in.
Producing are Bruce Davey, Mel Gibson, Mark Amin, Cami Winikoff and Oren Peli.
David Higgins,Christa Campbell and Lati Grobman are executive producing. Joe Gangemi wrote the script.
Sturgess was one of the stars of the Andy and Lana Wachowski’s sci-fi epic Cloud Atlas and will next be seen alongside Geoffrey Rush in Giuseppe Tornatore’s The Best Offer as well as the thriller Ashes with Luke Evans and Ray Winstone. He also recently wrapped a starring turn in crime drama The Electric Slide.
Sturgess is repped by CAA, Megan Willis at Garricks and Hansen Jacobson.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Heat Vision
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack