Freestyle Releasing Takes Supernatural Thriller 'Jinn'
Ajmal Zaheer Ahmad's movie, starring Ray Park, revolves around a mythological creature; a vehicle created for the film, called the Firebreather, has been produced and is being sold by Exxodus Pictures.
Freestyle Releasing has acquired the domestic theatrical rights to Ajmal Zaheer Ahmad’s supernatural thriller Jinn from Detroit-based Exxodus Pictures.
The film revolves around the mythological creatures, the jinn, created at the same time as men and the angels.
It also features a vehicle created for the movie called the Firebreather, a V8, 618 horsepower American muscle cars. A limited edition of 50 of the cars have actually been produced and are being sold by Exxodus Pictures.
The film, written and directed by Ahmad, stars Ray Park, Faran Tahir, William Atherton, Serinda Swan and Dominic Rains. It was produced by Ahmad and Benjamin Dresser. Richard Mandell, Najam Syed and Shahid Syed executive produced for Exxodus.
The distribution deal was negotiated by Freestyle's co-president Mark Borde and head of acquisitions Chris Charalambous and Exxodus’ Richard Mandell and Najam Syed.
Titans of Comic-Con: Stars Re-Create Classic Characters (Photos)
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
Follow Heat Vision
- Jenny McCarthy Slams Rumor She Criticized Melissa McCarthy's Weight
- Jenny Lewis Doesn't Want To Be An 'Old Little Girl'
- Nicki Minaj Delays 'Anaconda' Release, But Gives Us Another Salacious Instagram Post
- How James Gunn Turned 'Guardians Of The Galaxy' Into The Coolest & Weirdest Blockbuster Of 2014