Brit Filmmaker Joanna Hogg Casts Tom Hiddleston for New Film
The untitled movie will also star artists Viv Albertine and Liam Gillick.
LONDON – Writer/director Joanna Hogg's third film will star artists Viv Albertine and Liam Gillick. British singer-songwriter Albertine is the ex-guitarist of all-female punk group, The Slits.
Known as Hogg’s “London Project," the as-yet-untitled film is set to shoot in London for six weeks.
It is presented by the British Film Institute, BBC Films and Rooks Nest Entertainment and produced by Gayle Griffiths (My Brother the Devil, Archipelago) for Wild Horses Film Company.
Details of the movie remain under wraps.
Hogg said: "I continue to be fascinated by the blurred line between the comic and the horrendous - but depicting this in an ordinary, everyday context which is closer to home, and therefore more terrifying."
U.K. arthouse indie specialist distributor has snapped up U.K. rights to the project which also boasts regular Hogg collaborator Tom Hiddleston (The Avengers).
Hiddleston made his acting debut in Hogg's freshman film Unrelated and went on to star in her sophomore title Archipelago.
Gillick is a British conceptual artist and former Turner Prize nominee.
Hogg’s Archipelago, released last year, resulted in Martin Scorsese describing Hogg as a “uniquely gifted filmmaker."
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR