Joe Carnahan in Talks to Direct Vampire Action Project 'Undying Love'
The project is an adaptation of the Image Comics miniseries.
Joe Carnahan is in final negotiations to direct Undying Love, a vampire action project set up at Warner Bros.
Michael De Luca is producing with Stephen L’Heureux and Benderspink’s Chris Bender and J.C. Spink.
Created by Tomm Coker and Daniel Freedman as a comic miniseries published by Image Comics, Love mixes up the traditional vampire lore with Chinese monster myths as well as the Hong Kong action genre.
The story centers on an ex-soldier who falls for a girl that happens to be a vampire. The only way the two can be together is if the man takes on the vampire who created her, which also means fighting an army of monsters in the Hong Kong underworld.
Alexandre Aja was previously attached to the project but has since dropped out.
Carnahan last directed The Grey, the gritty survival movie that starred Liam Neeson that was one of 2012's early hits. Before that he directed The A-Team and Smokin’ Aces.
He is repped by CAA.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Film Festival Unveils Star-Studded Lineup for 67th Edition
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Heat Vision
- Jennifer Garner's Birthday Will Be Spent At A Talent Show
- Pharrell Williams Tells Oprah About The Big Mistake He Made On His First Solo Album (VIDEO)
- The First 'Orange Is The New Black' Season 2 Trailer Is Finally Here And It's Amazing
- A Bloods General Describes Gang Life In Exclusive Clip From Tribeca Film, 'Five Star'