Joe Carnahan in Talks to Direct 'Sugar Bandits' for Universal (Exclusive)
Marc Shmuger and Tom McNulty are producing the project, which adapt's Hogan's novel "Devils in Exile."
Joe Carnahan is in negotiations to direct Sugar Bandits, Universal’s adaptation of the Chuck Hogan novel Devils in Exile.
Marc Shmuger and Tom McNulty are producing via their Global Produce shingle. Richard Abate is executive producing.
Hogan, who wrote the novel Ben Affleck's The Town was based on and co-authored The Strain with Guillermo del Toro, wrote the script adapting his own work, which centers on Iraq War vet Neal Maven, who is facing dead-end jobs and small futures in Boston. He and some other soldiers team up in a scheme to rip off local drug dealers, destroying the product and grabbing their money.
The book was published by Scribner in 2010.
Carnahan has made a career directing such gritty thrillers as Narc and Smokin’ Aces and most recently helmed the surprise 2011 hit adventure movie The Grey. He was developing a remake of the revenge thriller Death Wish at Paramount but parted ways after clashing over casting.
Carnahan is repped by CAA and Bloom Hergott.
- Danny Boyle in Talks to Direct Steve Jobs Movie, Leonardo DiCaprio Eyed to Star
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Heat Vision
- Watch These Grooving 'Grannies' Get Down Before Running Marathons For A Good Cause
- David Alan Grier's 'How To Tell Black People Apart' Is Just What The World Needs
- Debbie Allen Knows There Won't Be Diversity On TV Until We Meld Into One Melting Pot Of A Race
- Nikki Reed Talks 'In Your Eyes,' 'Twilight' And More With Co-Star Michael Stahl-David