'Adventures of Tintin' Co-Writer Joe Cornish to Direct 'Rust' for Fox
He will adapt Royden Lepp's graphic novel, a robot adventure set in the prairie lands of an unknown time.
The Adventures of Tintin co-writer Joe Cornish, who generated much buzz with his directorial debut Attack the Block, has signed on to direct the graphic novel adaptation Rust for 20th Century Fox.
The fanboy favorite, who is a frequent collaborator with Edgar Wright, will tackle the property written and drawn by Royden Lepp.
Published by Archaia, the graphic novel is described by the company as a “high-octane adventure set in the prairie lands of an unknown time. Life on the Taylor family farm was difficult enough before Jet Jones crashes into the barn, chased by a giant decommissioned war robot! Oldest son Roman Taylor struggles to keep his family's small farm afloat as the area heals from a devastating world war. While the rest of his family may not trust the mysterious boy with the jetpack, Roman believes the secrets of Jet’s past may be the key to their survival."
News of the deal began circulating as Comic-Con kicked off.
Aline Brosh McKenna, who adapted the screenplay, is producing alongside Fox-based Simon Kinberg, who was a producer on X-Men: First Class. Fox picked up the project just days ahead of Comic-Con 2011.
Cornish is repped by CAA.
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
Follow Heat Vision
- Jessica Alba's Secret to a Happy Home Life: Having Girls' Night Out to Complain About Your Husband!
- Zooey Deschanel Spotted Kissing & Hugging Mystery Man on 'Rock the Kasbah' Set
- Diane Kruger Looks Fabulous Alongside 'The Bridge' Cast at FX TCA Panel 2014!
- Giuliana Rancic Dyes Her Hair Platinum Blonde - See the Pic