'The Killing' Star Joel Kinnaman Circling 'Robocop' Remake
The Swedish actor is expected to take the lead in MGM's reboot of the futuristic franchise.
Has MGM found its Robocop?
Swedish actor Joel Kinnaman has been offered the lead of MGM’s remake of Robocop, the 1987 sci-fi action movie about a cyborg policeman.
Kinnaman is the male lead of AMC’s The Killing who came to Hollywood’s attention via his work on Scandinavian thrillers such as Snabba cash. He’s appeared in bit roles in Summit’s sci-fi movie The Darkest Hour and Universal’s Safe House and was to have starred as Lancelot in Arthur & Lancelot, Warners’ now-scrapped King Arthur movie.
Dealmaking is expected to begin imminently.
The Robocop remake is being described as a gritty origin story as MGM reboots the franchise. Jose Padilha (Elite Squad) is directing.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR