'The Killing' Star Joel Kinnaman Circling 'Robocop' Remake
The Swedish actor is expected to take the lead in MGM's reboot of the futuristic franchise.
Has MGM found its Robocop?
Swedish actor Joel Kinnaman has been offered the lead of MGM’s remake of Robocop, the 1987 sci-fi action movie about a cyborg policeman.
Kinnaman is the male lead of AMC’s The Killing who came to Hollywood’s attention via his work on Scandinavian thrillers such as Snabba cash. He’s appeared in bit roles in Summit’s sci-fi movie The Darkest Hour and Universal’s Safe House and was to have starred as Lancelot in Arthur & Lancelot, Warners’ now-scrapped King Arthur movie.
Dealmaking is expected to begin imminently.
The Robocop remake is being described as a gritty origin story as MGM reboots the franchise. Jose Padilha (Elite Squad) is directing.
Titans of Comic-Con: Stars Re-Create Classic Characters (Photos)
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
Follow Heat Vision
- Neil LaBute Q&A: The Controversial Playwright Talks About His L.A. Theater Takeover
- Top Off-Broadway Shows to Watch in NYC This Season: Part One
- Megan Fox Is Not Thrilled About The 'Girl Power' That Was Cut From 'TMNT'
- Keith Olbermann's Powerful Speech About Lack Of Respect For Women In Sports Is A Must Watch
- Elizabeth Banks Dishes on 'Pitch Perfect 2': The Bellas Have Gotten Too Big for Their Britches
- Evan Rachel Wood Has the Coolest Backpack Ever Because It Looks Like R2D2!
- Hercules' Irina Shayk Leaves Craig Ferguson Speechless - Watch Now
- Leonardo DiCaprio Tries to Keep Low Profile After Raising $25 Million