'John Carter': Watch 'Sky Captain' Director Kerry Conran's Demo Reel of Early Film Version (Video)
Andrew Stanton directed the Disney film, but before it was made by the studio, the sci-fi adaptation spent time at Paramount.
Tonight is the premiere of Disney's John Carter, Andrew Stanton's adaptation of the Edgar Rice Burroughs sci-fi classic.
Much has been made about the movie's budget, the movie's marketing, but tonight, a whole mess of people are going to find out how good it is.
But before it was made by Disney, the movie spent the better part of the 2000s set up at Paramount, where directors Robert Rodriguez, Kerry Conran and Jon Favreau developed it at one point or another.
Conran, who made Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow, came close to getting his version, budgeted at $120 million, off the ground. He even made a demo reel when selling his vision to the studio, a reel that is online.
So in honor of tonight's premiere, let's look back at what almost came to pass ...
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Heat Vision
- Shakira Reveals Why Music Videos With Men Are 'Out Of the Question'
- Even Juan Pablo Thinks This Season Of 'The Bachelor' Has Been A Soap Opera
- DJ Cassidy Shares Details On New Album, 'Paradise Royale,' And The Resurgence Of Disco
- 7-Year-Old Stuns Viewers When She Sings 'Gloomy Sunday' By Billie Holiday (VIDEO)