John Rood Out at DC Entertainment
The company's executive vp sales, marketing and business development will step down as part of a reorganization of DCE's sales and marketing departments.
John Rood, currently the executive vp sales, marketing and business development for DC Entertainment -- and one of the most public faces of DCE following the comic division's "New 52" superhero relaunch in September 2011 -- will be leaving the company at the end of the year, DC Entertainment has confirmed to THR.
Rood's departure will come as DCE reorganizes its sales and marketing divisions, with his position being eliminated entirely as a result. Rood's duties will be split between different offices in DCE, with senior vp franchise management Amit Desai adding oversight of marketing, interactive marketing and publicity (The Beat reports that sales and business development -- which includes retail sales, ad sales, custom publishing and all business development -- will be overseen by DC Entertainment co-publishers Dan DiDio and Jim Lee).
Rood has been credited with an increased push into digital publishing initiatives during his tenure at DCE, which he joined in February 2010 following Diane Nelson's appointment as president in September 2009. In her statement on his hiring, Nelson described him as a "longtime colleague and friend" whom, she promised, would "treat our retail customers and our consumers like the superheroes they are."
The reorganization of the sales and marketing departments will take effect on Jan. 1, 2014.
HOLLYWOOD'S RED CARPET A-LIST
Follow Heat Vision
- Shades Of Blue, Tiger Eyes & Beyond: Chatting with Joe Bonamassa, Jim Peterik and Sondre Lerche
- 'South Park' Completely Trolls Washington Redskins With In-Game Ad Ripping Team Name
- Hell on Wheels: Recent Season Four Episode Seven Delivers!
- Ken Burns' 'The Roosevelts' Reveals Everything Wrong With Our Current Political Class
- Camilla Belle & Max Greenfield Support 'L.A. Loves Alex's Lemonade' Fundraiser
- Pregnant Hayden Panettiere Has Fun at Food & Wine Festival After Nude Pics Leak
- Rosario Dawson, Luke Evans, & Ashley Madekwe Support amfAR's Important Cause in Milan
- Leonardo DiCaprio Awarded at Global Citizen Awards, Raps 'Scenario' Alongside Jamie Foxx - Watch the Amazing Video!