John Rood Out at DC Entertainment
The company's executive vp sales, marketing and business development will step down as part of a reorganization of DCE's sales and marketing departments.
John Rood, currently the executive vp sales, marketing and business development for DC Entertainment -- and one of the most public faces of DCE following the comic division's "New 52" superhero relaunch in September 2011 -- will be leaving the company at the end of the year, DC Entertainment has confirmed to THR.
Rood's departure will come as DCE reorganizes its sales and marketing divisions, with his position being eliminated entirely as a result. Rood's duties will be split between different offices in DCE, with senior vp franchise management Amit Desai adding oversight of marketing, interactive marketing and publicity (The Beat reports that sales and business development -- which includes retail sales, ad sales, custom publishing and all business development -- will be overseen by DC Entertainment co-publishers Dan DiDio and Jim Lee).
Rood has been credited with an increased push into digital publishing initiatives during his tenure at DCE, which he joined in February 2010 following Diane Nelson's appointment as president in September 2009. In her statement on his hiring, Nelson described him as a "longtime colleague and friend" whom, she promised, would "treat our retail customers and our consumers like the superheroes they are."
The reorganization of the sales and marketing departments will take effect on Jan. 1, 2014.
What Hollywood Earns
Follow Heat Vision
- Reese Witherspoon Loves Mindy Kaling's 'Wreath Witherspoon' Creation
- Ansel Elgort Responds To Rumors He's Gay: ‘I Like Girls, A Lot'
- Reading, PA's 'Ugly' Charlie Brown-Themed Christmas Tree Has More Holiday Spirit Than Most
- Aaron Sorkin, Judd Apatow Call 'The Interview' Decision An Attack On Free Speech
- 'Serial' Season One Finale Episode is Here - Listen Now & Find Out How it Ends!
- Scott Disick Goes Go Kart Racing After His Third Child's Birth
- James Franco Gets His Mind Off 'The Interview' with Lady Gaga's Help!
- Liam Neeson Brings 'Taken 3' to Berlin with Forest Whitaker for Premiere & Press Conference!