Johnny Depp's Infinitum Nihil and Disney Pick Up Two Features
The actor could potentially star in "The Night Stalker" and a Paul Revere biopic.
Disney is doubling down on Johnny Depp, picking up two high-profile projects from the actor and his Infinitum Nihil shingle.
First up is a feature film version of The Night Stalker, the 1970s TV movie-turned-TV series that ran on Disney-owned ABC about Carl Kolchak, a reporter who investigates mysterious crimes that have a supernatural or sci-fi bent. Darren McGavin originally played the character and while the series only lasted a season it proved influential.
The studio is out to writers.
Also on tap is a telling of the historical story of the American Revolution hero Paul Revere and his 1775 midnight ride to warn the colonists of a British Invasion.
Lee and Janet Batchler, who wrote Batman Forever, are writing the screenplay.
Each of the projects is a potential Depp starring vehicle. Depp is producing with his Infinitum partner Christi Dembrowski.
The move keeps Disney in business with Depp, whose latest Pirates of the Caribbean has grossed over one billion dollars. And while his shingle is based at Warner Bros and he recently wrapped Dark Shadows for the studio, Disney’s big-screen take on The Lone Ranger is his next movie.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Heat Vision
- William Guarnere Dead: 'Band Of Brothers' Vet Dies At 90
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws