Johnny Depp, Graham King Teaming to Adapt 'The Vault' Comic Book (Exclusive)
King's GK Films and Depp's Infinitum Nihil will produce a film based on the Image comic written by Sam Sarkar.
GK Films has picked up film rights to The Vault, an Image comic book written by Sam Sarkar, an executive at Johnny Depp’s Infinitum Nihil production shingle.
Depp and Nihil’s president Christi Dembrowski will produce the movie adaptation along with GK’s Graham King and Tim Headington.
Written by Sarkar and drawn by Garrie Gastonny, the underwater sci-fi story centers on a group of divers who, off the coast of Nov Scotia, uncover a sarcophagus with unusual remains and inadvertently unleash an ancient evil. Sarkar and Gastonny previously created the supernatural Western graphic novel Calber for Radical Publishing.
Vault is a three-issue mini-series. The first issue hit stores this week.
King, whose company has a first-look deal with Nihil, recently worked with Depp on the Paramount animated film Rango. King has Hugo, Martin Scorsese’s first foray into kids adventure, in the can and set for release November 23 by Paramount.
Sarkar is repped by CAA and the Schiff Co.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR