Jon Goldman Joins Skybound as Managing Director
Goldman says joining Robert Kirkman's production company is "a great privilege."
Robert Kirkman's Skybound Entertainment is preparing to take things to new heights, with the hiring of Jon Goldman as managing editor to deal with new and emerging business.
Announced by VentureBeat, Goldman will oversee the strategic direction for the company, with particular emphasis on games and live events -- a new focus, considering The Walking Dead Escape tour crossing the U.S. this year. Goldman himself is quoted in the piece as saying that the company's "collective goal is to build major enterprises surrounding the remarkable worlds that Robert creates within his comics, all while remaining true to fans."
Kirkman launched Skybound in 2010, two years after he was named as a partner in Image Comics. In addition to providing a home for Kirkman's creator-owned comic projects (The Walking Dead, Invincible and the upcoming Outcast), the company has also published work by other creators with Kirkman's oversight -- such as Brandon Seifert and Lucas Ketner's Witch Doctor -- and has been involved in transferring its properties into projects across multiple media.
Goldman called the chance to work with Skybound "a great privilege." Founder Kirkman added, "With his knowledge and expertise, our entire team is lucky to have Jon come on board. I am excited to see what's in store for Skybound."
2014 Emmy Awards
Follow Heat Vision
- Jon Stewart Loves How Epic HuffPost Headlines Win The Internet
- Jesse Helt, Miley Cyrus' Date At The VMAs, Turns Himself In For Probation Violation
- Solo Concerts, Stealin' Home & Similar Skin: Chats with Bruce Hornsby, Iain Matthews and Umphrey's McGee...Plus!
- Jake 'The Snake' Roberts, Iconic Pro Wrestler, Hospitalized After Collapse
- Rose McGowan Pours Pink Paint Over Charli XCX in 'Break The Rules' Music Video - Watch Here!
- Fergie Is Going to Miss the Bar at 'Chelsea Lately'
- Simon Cowell & Girlfriend Lauren Silverman Show Some Affection at 'X Factor UK' Press Launch!
- Britney Spears Details 'Sh-tty' Day in Video After Her Breakup