Jon Goldman Joins Skybound as Managing Director
Goldman says joining Robert Kirkman's production company is "a great privilege."
Robert Kirkman's Skybound Entertainment is preparing to take things to new heights, with the hiring of Jon Goldman as managing editor to deal with new and emerging business.
Announced by VentureBeat, Goldman will oversee the strategic direction for the company, with particular emphasis on games and live events -- a new focus, considering The Walking Dead Escape tour crossing the U.S. this year. Goldman himself is quoted in the piece as saying that the company's "collective goal is to build major enterprises surrounding the remarkable worlds that Robert creates within his comics, all while remaining true to fans."
Kirkman launched Skybound in 2010, two years after he was named as a partner in Image Comics. In addition to providing a home for Kirkman's creator-owned comic projects (The Walking Dead, Invincible and the upcoming Outcast), the company has also published work by other creators with Kirkman's oversight -- such as Brandon Seifert and Lucas Ketner's Witch Doctor -- and has been involved in transferring its properties into projects across multiple media.
Goldman called the chance to work with Skybound "a great privilege." Founder Kirkman added, "With his knowledge and expertise, our entire team is lucky to have Jon come on board. I am excited to see what's in store for Skybound."
Fall TV Preview
Follow Heat Vision
- McKayla Maroney Was Reportedly Underage In Hacked Nude Photos
- Richard Lewis Talks Richard Lewis: Bundle of Nerves: Mighty Movie Podcast
- Justin Verlander Addresses Online Photo Hacking Of Him And Girlfriend Kate Upton
- Internet Tries Donating In 'Honor' Of Leaked Jennifer Lawrence Photos, Nonprofit's Not Having It
- Lindsay Lohan Dazzles Us With Her Legs at GQ Men of the Year Awards 2014
- Nicole Scherzinger Leaves Ibiza After Displaying Her Fabulous Figure in a Teeny Bikini
- Kim Kardashian & Kanye West Shine Bright at GQ Men of the Year Awards 2014
- Rita Ora & Cara Delevingne Flaunt Their Long Legs at GQ Men of the Year Awards 2014