Jon Spaihts in Talks to Write Marvel's 'Doctor Strange'
Spaights co-wrote the script for "Prometheus" and is attached to pen "The Mummy" reboot.
Jon Spaihts is in talks to write Marvel's upcoming film Doctor Strange, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.
Scott Derrickson is attached to direct the project, which centers on the character who made his first appearance in the Marvel Universe in 1963. He's a former neurosurgeon who serves as the Sorcerer Supreme — the primary protector of Earth against magical and mystical threats. The character was first created by Stan Lee and Steve Ditko in the pages of Strange Tales No. 110.
Spaihts tweeted about the news Wednesday: “Doctor Strange was always my favorite Marvel hero. It's a good day.”
Marvel had no comment.
Spaihts is well-versed in writing sci-fi films. He wrote the sci-fi romance Passengers, which was on the 2007 Black List, and co-wrote the 2012 Ridley Scott film Prometheus with Damon Lindelof. He's also working on The Mummy reboot for Universal.
He's repped by CAA, Circle of Confusion and Stone, Meyer.
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
Follow Heat Vision
- Kelly Rowland Buys Belly Bandit For Growing Baby Bump
- Aubrey Plaza Supports Chris Pratt at 'Guardians Of The Galaxy' Hollywood Premiere!
- Jason Derulo Hosts Vegas Pool Party While Recovering From a Broken Rib!
- Emma Stone Really Annoyed Colin Firth By Live-Texting Him Details About His 'Bridget Jones' Performance!