Jonathan Rhys Meyers Joining 'Mortal Instruments' (Exclusive)
The adaptation of Cassandra Clare’s YA fantasy novel begins shooting in Toronto later this month.
Jonathan Rhys Meyers is in negotiations to join the cast of The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones, an adaptation of Cassandra Clare’s YA fantasy novel from Constantin Film and Unique Pictures.
Harald Zwart is directing the movie, which is due to begin production this month in Toronto.
Lily Collins leads the cast as a young woman who discovers she is the descendant of a secret cadre of half-angel warriors called Shadowhunters locked in an ancient battle to protect the world from demons. Jessica Postigo and I. Marlene King wrote the script.
Rhys Meyers will play Valentine Morgenstern, described as a powerful but insane Shadowhunter looking to make the world pure at any cost.
Game of Thrones actress Lena Headey and Mad Men’s Jared Harris and Kevin Zegers are among the cast.
Rhys Meyers starred in Showtime's sexy period drama The Tudors and made notable appearances in such movies as Mission: Impossible 3 and Albert Nobbs. He is returning to TV by starring in Dracula, NBC’s take on the classic vampire that is going straight-to-series with a 10-episode order.
He is repped by CAA and Brillstein Entertainment Partners.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Heat Vision
- Bryan Singer, 'X-Men' Director, Calls Suit A 'Sick, Twisted Shakedown'
- The Club 47 Folk Revival Explores the Iconic History of Old Cambridge Folk Club
- Jack Kilmer Talks 'Palo Alto,' His Acting Career And Growing Up With Famous Parents
- Lupita Nyong'o and America's Complicated Relationship With Beauty