Josh Brolin Eyeing Lead Role in 'Jurassic World'
Colin Trevorrow is directing the Universal movie.
Josh Brolin is on the runway to land one of the leads for Jurassic World, the latest installment in Universal's Jurassic Park franchise.
No offer has been made and there no negotiations going on at this stage.
But if a deal is made, Brolin will join a growing cast that includes Bryce Dallas Howard, Nick Robinson and Ty Simpkins in the movie being directed by Colin Trevorrow (Safety Not Guaranteed).
Frank Marshall and Pat Crowley are producing. Steven Spielberg, who is heavily involved in the casting process, is exec producing. Trevorrow wrote the screenplay with Derek Connolly.
The movie is expected to shoot in Hawaii in early 2014 ahead of a planned June 12, 2015, release date.
Brolin next stars in Oldboy, which opens Nov. 27.
Titans of Comic-Con: Stars Re-Create Classic Characters (Photos)
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
Follow Heat Vision
- 'Hot Tub Time Machine 2' Trailer Is The Funniest Thing On LouNet
- Mick Jagger Energizes "A Most Wanted Man" Premiere...Hot Stuff Coming to Broadway: "It's Only a Play" and "A Delicate Balance"--Plan in Advance!
- Fifty Shades Of Grey Adorable Animals: The Version You Aren't Embarrassed To Read In Public
- Eva Longoria Tells America Latino Doesn't Mean Immigrant
- Christopher Nolan Just Brought a New Interstellar Trailer to Comic-Con
- Comic-Con: Everything Benedict Cumberbatch Said That Made Women Scream
- 50 Shades of Grey and The Devil Wears Prada Are Basically the Same Movie
- Chris Carter on Area 51, Playing Softball With Brandon Tartikoff, and the TV Musical in His Closet