Josh Brolin Eyeing Lead Role in 'Jurassic World'
Colin Trevorrow is directing the Universal movie.
Josh Brolin is on the runway to land one of the leads for Jurassic World, the latest installment in Universal's Jurassic Park franchise.
No offer has been made and there no negotiations going on at this stage.
But if a deal is made, Brolin will join a growing cast that includes Bryce Dallas Howard, Nick Robinson and Ty Simpkins in the movie being directed by Colin Trevorrow (Safety Not Guaranteed).
Frank Marshall and Pat Crowley are producing. Steven Spielberg, who is heavily involved in the casting process, is exec producing. Trevorrow wrote the screenplay with Derek Connolly.
The movie is expected to shoot in Hawaii in early 2014 ahead of a planned June 12, 2015, release date.
Brolin next stars in Oldboy, which opens Nov. 27.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR