Joss Whedon Narrates 'Avengers' Fight Scene Between Iron Man and Thor (Video)
In a new promotional spot, the writer-director talks about the inspiration behind the intramural rumble and gives details about its production.
Joss Whedon has long insisted that in as much as the Avengers are a fearless group of superheroes, they're also a dysfunctional family thrown together by circumstance, distrustful of one another and often arrogant in their own powers.
With just a few days until audiences in the United States can experience that super-melodrama first hand, Whedon and Marvel are offering a sneak preview of the rivalry-on-steroids.
In a new promotional clip sure to excite hardcore fans, the writer-director introduces and explains a pivotal fight between Iron Man and Thor, and while he doesn't spoil the context of just how they got to that point, Whedon explains that their anger is very, very real.
"People want to see what would happen if, who's the stronger, who's gonna get it done," he says in the clip. "For me the most important thing was the fight was earned, that both of them had an agenda that conflicted with the others, that it wasn't a spell or case of mistaken identity, or something where you're just waiting for them to figure it out. They both really think they need to win, and neither of them is totally wrong, and that's what makes it more than a fight; it makes it a conflict."
The Avengers has already proven a massive success, even before it hits domestic theaters; it has earned a jaw-dropping $185 million internationally in less than a week, and has a 95 percent fresh rating on RottenTomatoes.com.
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
Follow Heat Vision
- We Spent Half An Hour Talking To Allison Janney About 'Drop Dead Gorgeous'
- Here's How 'Modern Family' Star Eric Stonestreet Really Feels About That Emmy Snub
- 'American Horror Story' Leaked Call Sheet Signals Possible Return Of A Past Character
- New Visions on Romance: Hour of the Wolf Movie Review of I Origins & Mood Indigo
- Not Only is Zoe Saldana Pregnant, But She's Reportedly Expecting Twins!
- Nicole Kidman, Keith Urban, and Daughters Sunday & Faith Join Reba McEntire's 'Pray for Peace' Campaign (Video)
- Shia LaBeouf Arrives for Court, Is Working Out a Plea Deal for His Recent Arrest Charges
- Kelsey Grammer & Wife Kayte Welcome Newborn Son Gabriel!