Joss Whedon Urges Boycott of Mike Birbiglia's 'Sleepwalk With Me' (Video)
The "Avengers" director is calling upon his minions to bring about the demise of the indie hit comedy.
We must be in some sort of bizarro world. Something must have happened to the rotation of the earth when Iron Man chased the nuclear missile into the portal into space. How else to explain Joss Whedon, acting as big studio bully, plotting against the underdog?
In a new video released to YouTube, the long-time cult TV creator-turned-tentpole director urges his rabid fan base to boycott comedian Mike Birbiglia's upcoming film, Sleepwalk With Me. Here's the deal: Whedon's Avengers debuted on over 4,000 screens, and is now the third highest-earning film of all time, but is now down to under 500 screens (over three months since its release, of course). Meanwhile, Sleepwalk has had its original order of 30 opening screens more than doubled, with even more on tap if the film does well.
It's Whedon's goal to be Joss the Comedian Slayer.
It's all fun and games, of course; Whedon is always supporting indie projects -- he has his own homemade, black and white Much Ado About Nothing coming out, in fact.
And, besides, he has little to worry about; the chances are slim that Sleepwalk will match Avengers' $1.46 billion worldwide.
Follow Heat Vision
- 'Supreme Court: No Girls Allowed' Perfectly Parodies The Hobby Lobby Ruling
- Colbert Mocks Kim Kardashian's New Video Game, Introduces One Of His Own
- On 'The Bachelorette' Finale, We Learned That Sex Happens -- Even On Reality TV
- Micah McCain Dishes Up Bette Midler In 'Beaches' In Just Under 4 Minutes
- Dianna Agron Rocks Really High Hair for 'Headlock' Filming
- Benedict Cumberbatch Think His Evil Character Kahn Could Come Back for 'Star Trek 3'!
- Pregnant Zoe Saldana & Chris Pratt Strike the Sassiest Pose Ever at New York Stock Exchange!
- Colton Haynes is a Sexy Leather Stud for New Diesel by Nicola Formichetti Campaign