Joss Whedon Urges Boycott of Mike Birbiglia's 'Sleepwalk With Me' (Video)
The "Avengers" director is calling upon his minions to bring about the demise of the indie hit comedy.
We must be in some sort of bizarro world. Something must have happened to the rotation of the earth when Iron Man chased the nuclear missile into the portal into space. How else to explain Joss Whedon, acting as big studio bully, plotting against the underdog?
In a new video released to YouTube, the long-time cult TV creator-turned-tentpole director urges his rabid fan base to boycott comedian Mike Birbiglia's upcoming film, Sleepwalk With Me. Here's the deal: Whedon's Avengers debuted on over 4,000 screens, and is now the third highest-earning film of all time, but is now down to under 500 screens (over three months since its release, of course). Meanwhile, Sleepwalk has had its original order of 30 opening screens more than doubled, with even more on tap if the film does well.
It's Whedon's goal to be Joss the Comedian Slayer.
It's all fun and games, of course; Whedon is always supporting indie projects -- he has his own homemade, black and white Much Ado About Nothing coming out, in fact.
And, besides, he has little to worry about; the chances are slim that Sleepwalk will match Avengers' $1.46 billion worldwide.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR