Joss Whedon Directed a Scene in 'Thor'
The Marvel tentpole Thor, toplined by Chris Hemsworth, wasn’t just directed by Kenneth Branagh.
Thor actor Stellan Skarsgard revealed at Cannes, while promoting Melancholia, that Joss Whedon, who is currently helming The Avengers, actually filmed part of Thor.
Whedon, Skarsgard tells Empire, directed the post-credits scene, in which his Erik Selvig, Tom Hiddleston’s Loki and Samuel L. Jackson’s Nick Fury all appear.
“That was just a couple of months ago,” Skarsgard said of filming the extra scene. “I flew over there and went down into a basement, talked to Sam a couple of minutes and then went back home.”
“Was that with Ken Branagh?,” the interviewer asks.
“No that was with a director called Joss Whedon, who’s doing The Avengers,” Skarsgard answers.
The Avengers is slated for a May 4, 2012 release. Thor is currently in theaters.
- The Epic Disney Blow-Up of 1994
- Mickey Rooney's Final Days Marred by Bizarre Family Feud
- Why Stephen Colbert Is the Perfect David Letterman Replacement
- 'The Normal Heart's' 30-Year Journey From Barbra Streisand to Ryan Murphy
- T.D. Jakes on Bringing God to Hollywood and Brushing Off Criticism From Cynics
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Heat Vision
- Nirvana, Kiss And The E Street Band Among Newest Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame Inductees
- Dean McDermott Admits To Cheating On Tori Spelling On 'True Tori'
- All The Celebrity Cameos You Missed Watching 'Sex And The City' The First Time Around
- From 'Nymphomaniac' To 'Only Lovers Left Alive,' This Year's Spring Movies Offer Surprises