Joss Whedon Alums Highlighted in New 'Much Ado About Nothing' Stills (Photos)
Frequent collaborators of the writer-director -- Nathan Fillion, Amy Acker, Fran Kranz and Tom Lenk, included -- star in the black-and-white update of the Shakespeare comedy, set to premiere at TIFF.
Joss Whedon's Avengers follow-up looks to be considerably cheaper.
The director's take on William Shakespeare's class comedy of romantic misunderstandings, Much Ado About Nothing, was filmed over just 12 days at his home in Santa Monica. And though details on the project have been few and far between -- it wasn't even announced until after production had wrapped -- a clearer picture is coming together ahead of its official premiere at the 2012 Toronto International Film Festival.
The black-and-white adaptation has released several new stills (via The Film Stage), and, in a move that will surely satisfy fans of Whedon's body of work, the actors highlighted are all almost all from his previous projects.
An ill-fated on-screen couple from Angel (Alexis Denisof and Amy Acker) appear in one as Beatrice and Benedick, while former Buffy the Vampire Slayer foes Nathan Fillion and Tom Lenk give a partly mustachioed update to Dogberry and Verges in another.
Other Whedon loyalists in the project include Fran Kranz (Dollhouse), Clark Gregg (Avengers) and Sean Maher (Firefly).
Maher spoke with The Hollywood Reporter when news broke of the project, noting the on-set secrecy wasn't an issue.
"Everybody on the set loved him so much and wanted to be there, so nobody leaked or talked," he said. "Everyone on this project has the utmost loyalty to [Whedon]."
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Heat Vision
- Kate Upton is Bringing Sexy Curves Back, Model Jessica White Praises!
- Vanessa Hudgens Flashes Her Calvins in Low Slung Shorts!
- Man Sings Frozen's 'Let It Go' in 21 Different Disney Voices & It's as Amazing as You'd Think!
- Neil Patrick Harris Skypes in Shirtless for 'How I Met Your Mother' PaleyFest Panel!