Joss Whedon Talks 'Avengers 2' Superpowers on 'Fallon' (Video)
The director chats about the addition of Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch to the sequel.
Joss Whedon is looking forward to adding Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch to the Avengers sequel because they boast a wider array of "visually interesting" superpowers than the last film's all-star team.
"One of the problems I had on the first one was, everybody basically had punchy powers," Whedon said during a chat with Jimmy Fallon on Friday.
The first film featured Iron Man, Thor, Hulk and Captain America battling Loki in order save New York City.
The director said that super-speed, spell-weaving and telekinesis could be some of the powers exhibited by the new characters in the comic book sequel. "There's good stuff that they can do that'll help sort of help keep it fresh," Whedon figured.
Disney has set a release date for the sequel on May 1, 2015.
Titans of Comic-Con: Stars Re-Create Classic Characters (Photos)
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
Follow Heat Vision
- Brooks Wheelan on His Post-SNL Plans, Returning to a Days Inn Budget, and Taking Comedians Camping
- A Most Wanted Man Is an Unshapely Movie That Showcases Philip Seymour Hoffman at His Peak
- Seinfeld Might Come to Netflix
- In the Outlandishly Entertaining Lucy, Scarlett Johansson Becomes One With the Action-Movie Universe