Joss Whedon Talks 'Avengers 2' Superpowers on 'Fallon' (Video)
The director chats about the addition of Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch to the sequel.
Joss Whedon is looking forward to adding Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch to the Avengers sequel because they boast a wider array of "visually interesting" superpowers than the last film's all-star team.
"One of the problems I had on the first one was, everybody basically had punchy powers," Whedon said during a chat with Jimmy Fallon on Friday.
The first film featured Iron Man, Thor, Hulk and Captain America battling Loki in order save New York City.
The director said that super-speed, spell-weaving and telekinesis could be some of the powers exhibited by the new characters in the comic book sequel. "There's good stuff that they can do that'll help sort of help keep it fresh," Whedon figured.
Disney has set a release date for the sequel on May 1, 2015.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR