'Dredd' Trailer: It's 'Judgment Time' (Video)
The first look at the Lionsgate sci-fi film shows that Karl Urban’s take on the iconic judge is more Clint Eastwood than Sylvester Stallone.
Court is back in session, and the judge isn't happy.
Including legal-inspired catch phrases such as “I’m the law,” and “judgment time,” the first trailer for Dredd also shows that like the comic book character he is based upon, Karl Urban’s take on Judge Dredd is more like Clint Eastwood than Sylvester Stallone.
As the trailer unfolds, we learn that all is not well in Mega-City One, population 800 million. Crime boss Ma-Ma (Lena Headey) controls the drug Slo-Mow, which is all the rage in the city. The drug, which makes time appear to slow down for its users, makes for some great visuals in the trailer, but unfortunately for Dredd, it's also rotting the city.
So it’s up to Dredd and a rookie (Olivia Thirlby) to play judge, jury and executioner by infiltrating the skyscraper at the center of the Ma-Ma’s criminal empire.
Directed by Pete Travis, the futuristic Lionsgate film hits theaters Sept. 21.
Watch the video below.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR