'Jupiter Ascending' Trailer: Channing Tatum, Mila Kunis Star in Sci-Fi Epic (Video)
The second trailer for the Wachowskis' ambitious title echoes "Star Wars," "Man of Steel" and "Lord of the Rings."
The second trailer for Jupiter Ascending, the Wachowskis’ new science fiction fantasy starring Channing Tatum and Mila Kunis, has debuted online, revealing more about the worlds in which the movie takes place -- and the least likely occupation for a space princess you’ve seen in quite some time.
With imagery that seems to combine elements of Man of Steel, Lord of the Rings and Star Wars, it can’t be said that Jupiter Ascending lacks ambition.
The storyline draws on the fairy-tale tradition of a regular person discovering that they’re destined for greater things (as long as they can escape those trying to ensure that they never get there), making the movie look like something audiences will find easy to embrace -- as long as they can get past the sight of Tatum’s pointed ears.
Written and directed by Lana and Andy Wachowski, the movie also features Sean Bean and Terry Gilliam. Jupiter Ascending is set to be released in theaters July 18.
2014 Emmy Awards
Follow Heat Vision
- Failure, Alarms & After Parties: Chats with The Posies, Dry the River's Peter Liddle and Ghost Town's Kevin McCullough
- This Rapper Just Won The ALS Ice Bucket Challenge With Marijuana
- Emily Browning: If I Had Gotten That 'Twilight' Role, 'I Would Have Quit' Acting
- This Map Plots Where Your Favorite College Movies Were Filmed
- Sophia Bush Sends Congrats to Pal Aaron Paul For Emmy Win!
- Miles Teller on One-Night Stands: Don't Let Them Borrow Clothes Because 'You Will Not Get That Sh-t Back'
- Jennifer Aniston & Sandra Bullock Mock Chelsea Handler on 'Chelsea Lately' Finale
- Gerard Butler, Vanessa Hudgens, & Selena Gomez Sing Farewell to Chelsea Handler on 'Chelsea Lately'