'Jurassic World' Nabs 'Kings of Summer' Actor
Bryce Dallas Howard is already in negotiations for the film, which is being directed by Colin Trevorrow.
Nick Robinson, one of the breakout stars of The Kings of Summer, is landing a leading role in Jurassic World, Universal’s latest installment of the Jurassic Park movie series.
Robinson is in talks to join Bryce Dallas Howard and likely Ty Simpkins, the kid actor from Iron Man 3 who is expected to receive an offer soon.
Logline details are being kept secret but Robinson will play the older brother to Simpkins’s character. The movie is being built as an ensemble.
Colin Trevorrow is directing the movie, which is being produced by Frank Marshall and Pat Crowley. Steven Spielberg, who is heavily involved in the casting process, is exec producing. Trevorrow wrote the screenplay with Derek Connolly.
Robinson was one of the stars in the coming-of-age drama Kings of Summer, released by CBS Films and once known as Toy’s House, which told of three boys building a house in the woods.
The 18-year-old actor is now into his fourth season on the ABC Family series Melissa and Joey.
He is repped by UTA, Principato Young and The Savage Agency.
HOLLYWOOD'S RED CARPET A-LIST
Follow Heat Vision
- Shades Of Blue, Tiger Eyes & Beyond: Chatting with Joe Bonamassa, Jim Peterik and Sondre Lerche
- 'South Park' Completely Trolls Washington Redskins With In-Game Ad Ripping Team Name
- Hell on Wheels: Recent Season Four Episode Seven Delivers!
- Ken Burns' 'The Roosevelts' Reveals Everything Wrong With Our Current Political Class
- Anne Hathaway Does Tai Chi with Robert De Niro Again!
- Emma Watson Gives a Powerful Speech About Gender Equality - Watch the Video & Read Full Transcipt Here
- Camilla Belle & Max Greenfield Support 'L.A. Loves Alex's Lemonade' Fundraiser
- Pregnant Hayden Panettiere Has Fun at Food & Wine Festival After Nude Pics Leak