'Just Cause: Scorpion Rising' Video Game Adaptation Taps Writer (Exclusive)
Bryan Edward Hill has been tapped to rewrite Just Cause: Scorpion Rising, the adaptation of the hit video game being produced by Adrian Askarieh and Eric Eisner.
Just Cause hails from Square Enix, the home of the Tomb Raider and Hitman video games, and centers on a black ops agent codenamed the Scorpion who enters a guerilla war to overthrow a dictator. Just Cause 2 was released earlier this year and sold more than 3.5 million copies; a third game is now in development.
The movie will focus on the origin of the Scorpion, aka Rico Rodriguez
Askarieh and Eisner, who wil produce via their respective companies Prime Universe Productions and Double E Pictures, are packaging and developing the project before taking it to studios and financiers. Michael Ross (Touristas) wrote the first draft.
Hill, an NYU film grad, hails from the advertising world and co-wrote Broken Trinity: Pandora’s Box, a Witchblade mini-series for Top Cow. He also co-created the Image comic 7 Days From Hell, being developed for the screen by producer Marc Platt. The comic proved to be Hill’s entry into Hollywood; he was hired to write the adaptation, and subsequently sold a spec script to Universal and recently set up a pitch at Paramount.
Hill is repped by ICM and Element Entertainment.
Fall TV Preview
Follow Heat Vision
- McKayla Maroney Was Reportedly Underage In Hacked Nude Photos
- Richard Lewis Talks Richard Lewis: Bundle of Nerves: Mighty Movie Podcast
- Justin Verlander Addresses Online Photo Hacking Of Him And Girlfriend Kate Upton
- Internet Tries Donating In 'Honor' Of Leaked Jennifer Lawrence Photos, Nonprofit's Not Having It
- Rita Ora & Cara Delevingne Flaunt Their Long Legs at GQ Men of the Year Awards 2014
- Gerard Butler Makes Hugo Boss Look So Good at GQ Men of the Year Awards 2014
- Mindy Kaling to 'Flare': If I Want 3 Kids, I Need to Get Going (Exclusive Pic!)
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Honored Her Mom Marcheline at Their Intimate Wedding