Justin Lin to Direct Universal's Latest 'Bourne' Movie
Lin will also act as a producer on the action movie.
Fast & Furious franchise director Justin Lin is back in the franchise game and back at Universal.
Lin, who helmed the last four Fast & Furious movies, has come aboard to direct the last installment of the studio's Bourne action movies, sources confirm.
The new project is a follow-up to 2012's The Bourne Legacy and will continue the adventures of Aaron Cross, the character played by Jeremy Renner.
Lin will join returning producer Frank Marshall as well as Jeffrey Weiner and Ben Smith from Captivate.
The movie is in development and has no writer on board. That gives Lin time to potentially do another project. The director left Fast & Furious 7 due to its accelerated schedule and didn't have time to re-energize from franchise fatigue. It now seems like he's slowly getting ready for a return to the tentpole business.
Lin is repped by CAA, Cinetic Management and Sloss Eckhouse Law.
Follow Heat Vision
- T-Pain on What Happened to His Aaliyah Collaboration, Furious 7, and FKA Twigs' Engagement to Robert Pattinson [Updated]
- Patricia Arquette Will Follow Up Her Oscar Win With a Memoir
- Pete Holmes on How the Comedian Became the Modern-Day Philosopher
- Ed Sheeran Fits Right in With the Cast of Sesame Street
- You Can Own a 'Magic Mike XXL' T-Shirt with Channing Tatum's Shirtless Torso On the Front!
- Kelly Clarkson Makes Epic Return to 'American Idol,' Sings 'At Last' & 'Heartbeat Song' - Watch Now!
- George Clooney & Sacha Baron Cohen Hug It Out After Dinner
- Zayn Malik & Perrie Edwards Look Too Cute Together in New Pic