Justin Lin to Direct Universal's Latest 'Bourne' Movie
Lin will also act as a producer on the action movie.
Fast & Furious franchise director Justin Lin is back in the franchise game and back at Universal.
Lin, who helmed the last four Fast & Furious movies, has come aboard to direct the last installment of the studio's Bourne action movies, sources confirm.
The new project is a follow-up to 2012's The Bourne Legacy and will continue the adventures of Aaron Cross, the character played by Jeremy Renner.
Lin will join returning producer Frank Marshall as well as Jeffrey Weiner and Ben Smith from Captivate.
The movie is in development and has no writer on board. That gives Lin time to potentially do another project. The director left Fast & Furious 7 due to its accelerated schedule and didn't have time to re-energize from franchise fatigue. It now seems like he's slowly getting ready for a return to the tentpole business.
Lin is repped by CAA, Cinetic Management and Sloss Eckhouse Law.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR