Justin Lin to Direct Universal's Latest 'Bourne' Movie
Lin will also act as a producer on the action movie.
Fast & Furious franchise director Justin Lin is back in the franchise game and back at Universal.
Lin, who helmed the last four Fast & Furious movies, has come aboard to direct the last installment of the studio's Bourne action movies, sources confirm.
The new project is a follow-up to 2012's The Bourne Legacy and will continue the adventures of Aaron Cross, the character played by Jeremy Renner.
Lin will join returning producer Frank Marshall as well as Jeffrey Weiner and Ben Smith from Captivate.
The movie is in development and has no writer on board. That gives Lin time to potentially do another project. The director left Fast & Furious 7 due to its accelerated schedule and didn't have time to re-energize from franchise fatigue. It now seems like he's slowly getting ready for a return to the tentpole business.
Lin is repped by CAA, Cinetic Management and Sloss Eckhouse Law.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Film Festival Unveils Star-Studded Lineup for 67th Edition
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Heat Vision
- Will Hillary & Bill Clinton's Daughter Chelsea Be Running for Office?
- Zac Efron Gives a Lap Dance, Admits to 'Plowing' Lots of Chicks in Comedy Central Funny Video - Watch Now!
- Miley Cyrus Will 'Remain Hospitalized' After 'Extreme' Reaction to Sinus Infection Antibiotics
- Taylor Swift Steps Out for Ingrid Michaelson Concert in Brooklyn!