Kanye West Praises 'Pacific Rim': 'One of My Favorite Movies of All Time'
The Guillermo Del Toro film, which has endured some negative press, gets two thumbs up from the "Yeezus" rapper.
Guillermo del Toro's monsters-vs-robots tentpole, Pacific Rim, has earned some degree of negative press and low tracking numbers prior to its stateside release. But, if marketers for the Legendary Pictures and Warner Bros. release are in need of a movie blurb, they should look no further than Kanye West.
After a screening of Pacific Rim, West gave two thumbs up for the title in two tweets to his 9 million Twitter followers. "I saw a pre-screening of Pacific Rim yesterday and it's easily one of my favorite movies of all time," the Yeezus rapper wrote on Thursday. "This is not another 'Robot' movie. Guillermo del Toro is a master."
Pacific Rim, which has a budget set at more than $180 million, has been described by some as the next potential Battleship-style disappointment during the Summer box office season. The film is set to open against Sony's Adam Sandler comedy sequel Grown Ups 2 on July 12.
The film revolves around an alien invasion of Earth that forces humans to build giant robots called Jaegers to combat monsters called Kaiju. Television spot and trailers sell the movie with the line, "Go Big or Go Extinct."
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
Follow Heat Vision
- The Aquabats! celebrate their 20th anniversary at Comic-Con as they ponder the group's next move
- Guillermo del Toro Unveils Comic-Con 'Pacific Rim,' 'Crimson Peak' Fan Experiences
- Jo Nesbo's latest page-turner, "The Son"...Elaine Stritch---The Great Fantasy Dinner Guest!
- Why 'Modern Family' Star Eric Stonestreet Refused A Photo With Rick Santorum