Kate Beckinsale in Talks for Millennium's 'Eliza Graves' (Exclusive)
Brad Anderson is directing the movie based on an early story by Edgar Allan Poe.
Kate Beckinsale is in negotiations to star in Eliza Graves, a psychological thriller from Nu Image/Millennium.
Brad Anderson, whose thriller The Call opens today, is directing the tale, which is loosely based on one of Edgar Allan Poe’s early works, an 1845 short story titled The System of Doctor Tarr and Professor Fether.
Beckinsale will play the title character of Eliza, a patient at a mental institution in which the inmates have taken over and are posing as doctors. She becomes the object of affection of a newly arrived Harvard Medical School grad who has no idea of the topsy-turvy world he just entered.
A June 21 production start date in Bulgaria is penciled in.
Producing are Bruce Davey, Mel Gibson, Mark Amin, Cami Winikoff and Oren Peli.
David Higgins, Christa Campbell and Lati Grobman are executive producing. Joe Gangemi wrote the script.
Beckinsale is the star of the long-running Underworld action franchise and last year starred with Colin Farrell in the remake of Total Recall.
She is repped by UTA, Media Talent Group and Hansen Jacobson.
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
Follow Heat Vision
- Guillermo del Toro Unveils Comic-Con 'Pacific Rim,' 'Crimson Peak' Fan Experiences
- Jo Nesbo's latest page-turner, "The Son"...Elaine Stritch---The Great Fantasy Dinner Guest!
- Why 'Modern Family' Star Eric Stonestreet Refused A Photo With Rick Santorum
- Questlove: Iggy Azalea's 'Fancy' Is A Game-Changer