Kate Bosworth Joins Jason Statham and James Franco in 'Homefront' (Exclusive)
Gary Fleder is directing the action movie, which has a script by Sylvester Stallone.
Kate Bosworth is joining Jason Statham and James Franco in Homefront, Millennium Films’ action movie scripted by Sylvester Stallone.
The project, with Gary Fleder in the director’s chair, follows an ex-DEA agent (Statham) who seeks a peaceful life and moves his family to a quiet town. Tranquility is shattered when he crosses path with a drug traffickers and a meth kingpin named Gator (Franco).
Bosworth will play Gator’s meth-addicted sister, who inadvertently starts the feud when her son, a bully, gets his butt handed to him by Statham’s daughter at school. She turns to Gator, psychotically wanting retribution.
Winona Ryder and Frank Grillo are also among the cast members.
Stallone is producing along with Kevin King Templeton. Avi Lerner and Trevor Short are executive producers.
Production is due to begin October 1 in New Orleans.
Bosworth starred in last year’s Screen Gems’ remake of Straw Dogs and recently wrapped Big Sur, an indie directed by Michael Polish based on Jack Kerouac's sojourns in the coastal California town whose cast also includes Stana Katic and Josh Lucas.
She is repped by CAA, MPE and Sloane Offer.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR