Keanu Reeves Reveals 'Bill & Ted 3' Plot Details
With rumors of a sequel gaining steam, the Wyld Stallyn himself dishes some story information to "GQ" magazine.
Bill and Ted just may be going on another adventure. Will it be excellent or bogus? Keanu Reeves has a few hints for you.
In a conversation with GQ, Reeves dropped some story details about the proposed third film in the slacker sci-fi canon, which is now over two decades in the making. A script written by franchise creators Ed Solomon and Chris Matheson, Reeves said, would feature Bill S. Preston, Esq. and Ted Theodore Logan having been "crushed by the responsibility of having to write the greatest song ever written and to change the world. And they haven't done it."
Their lack of production would have serious reprecussions, he explained.
"So everybody is kind of like: 'Where is the song?' The guys have just drifted off into esoterica and lost their rock."
Major tragedy, and one that spurs another time traveling adventure.
"We go on this expedition, go into the future to find out if we wrote the song, and one future 'us' refuses to tell us, and another future 'us' blames us for their lives because we didn't write the song, so they're living this terrible life," Reeves said. "In one version we're in jail; in another we're at some kind of highway motel and they hate us."
So, thus far, it sounds like a pretty bogus journey.
Last week, Vulture reported that the writers had secured the services of Dean Parsiot to direct the film, though funding is still a question mark. Fans have been teased about a third Bill and Ted movie for years; last spring, series co-star Alex Winter tweeted about reading a completed script, though that may have been rewritten at this point.
Titans of Comic-Con: Stars Re-Create Classic Characters (Photos)
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
Follow Heat Vision
- 'Hot Tub Time Machine 2' Trailer Is The Funniest Thing On LouNet
- Mick Jagger Energizes "A Most Wanted Man" Premiere...Hot Stuff Coming to Broadway: "It's Only a Play" and "A Delicate Balance"--Plan in Advance!
- Fifty Shades Of Grey Adorable Animals: The Version You Aren't Embarrassed To Read In Public
- Eva Longoria Tells America Latino Doesn't Mean Immigrant
- Christopher Nolan Just Brought a New Interstellar Trailer to Comic-Con
- Comic-Con: Everything Benedict Cumberbatch Said That Made Women Scream
- 50 Shades of Grey and The Devil Wears Prada Are Basically the Same Movie
- Chris Carter on Area 51, Playing Softball With Brandon Tartikoff, and the TV Musical in His Closet