'Community' Star Ken Jeong Joins Michael Bay's 'Pain and Gain' (Exclusive)
The Paramount movie will reunite Jeong with his director from Transformers: Dark Side of the Moon.
Ken Jeong is reuniting with Michael Bay for Pain And Gain, the director’s dark-comedy action thriller for Paramount.
Small-scale compared to Bay’s Transformers movies ($200-plus budgets compared to this one’s $35 million), the project is based on the true story of body builders in Miami Beach who headed a kidnapping and extortion ring that went awry.
Mark Wahlberg and Dwayne Johnson are starring in the pic alongside Ed Harris, Tony Shaloub, Anthony Mackie and Bar Paly.
Character details are being kept close to the vest, but Jeong, who scene-chewingly worked with Bay in Transformers: Dark of the Moon, will play a character named Johnny Wu.
The movie just began shooting in Miami.
Jeong, known for his scene-stealing work in the Hangover movies, is also part of the ensemble cast of NBC’s Community. He will be front and center in the May 17 episode titled The Chang Dynasty.
The actor is repped by UTA, Aligned Entertainment and Stone Meyer.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Heat Vision
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack