Kenneth Branagh to Play Villain in 'Jack Ryan'
The filmmaker was already on board as director of the Paramount action movie.
Kenneth Branagh, who is already directing Paramount’s Jack Ryan movie, is in negotiations to play the action thriller’s villain as well, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.
Chris Pine is starring as Ryan, the ex-Marine turned analyst from the Tom Clancy novels. Here, Ryan is a financial analyst living in Moscow who uncovers a terrorist plot.
Branagh is in negotiations to play the movie’s villain, Viktor Stazov, a financial wiz who, with the help of the Russian government, masterminds a plot to devalue American currency and thus destroy the U.S. economy.
Lorenzo di Bonaventura, Mace Neufeld and David Barron are producing. Skydance’s David Ellison is executive producing.
Branagh last appeared on screen in My Week With Marylin. He is repped by WME.
Titans of Comic-Con: Stars Re-Create Classic Characters (Photos)
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
Follow Heat Vision
- Pedro Pascal Really Wishes He Were Still On 'Game Of Thrones,' Even In Small Part
- Morgan Freeman And Jimmy Fallon Talking On Helium Will Make Your Day
- Conversations with Billy Gilman, Ernest Ranglin, Mary Sarah and Gangstagrass' Rench, Plus Ben Jaimen's "Satellites" Exclusive
- 'Hot Tub Time Machine 2' Trailer Is The Funniest Thing On LouNet