Kenneth Branagh to Play Villain in 'Jack Ryan'
The filmmaker was already on board as director of the Paramount action movie.
Kenneth Branagh, who is already directing Paramount’s Jack Ryan movie, is in negotiations to play the action thriller’s villain as well, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.
Chris Pine is starring as Ryan, the ex-Marine turned analyst from the Tom Clancy novels. Here, Ryan is a financial analyst living in Moscow who uncovers a terrorist plot.
Branagh is in negotiations to play the movie’s villain, Viktor Stazov, a financial wiz who, with the help of the Russian government, masterminds a plot to devalue American currency and thus destroy the U.S. economy.
Lorenzo di Bonaventura, Mace Neufeld and David Barron are producing. Skydance’s David Ellison is executive producing.
Branagh last appeared on screen in My Week With Marylin. He is repped by WME.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Heat Vision
- Shakira Reveals Why Music Videos With Men Are 'Out Of the Question'
- Even Juan Pablo Thinks This Season Of 'The Bachelor' Has Been A Soap Opera
- DJ Cassidy Shares Details On New Album, 'Paradise Royale,' And The Resurgence Of Disco
- 7-Year-Old Stuns Viewers When She Sings 'Gloomy Sunday' By Billie Holiday (VIDEO)