Keri Russell Boards 'Dawn of the Planet of the Apes'
The "Americans" actress will reunite with "Felicity" co-creator Matt Reeves, who is helming the sci-fi sequel.
Keri Russell has been cast in Dawn of the Planet of the Apes, which will reunite her with Felicity co-creator Matt Reeves.
The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed that Russell, who stars on FX's freshman spy drama The Americans, will take the lead female role in Fox’s sequel to Rise of the Planet of the Apes, which Reeves will direct. Already on board to star are Andy Serkis, Jason Clarke and Kodi Smit-McPhee.
While much of the plot has been kept under wraps, the film is set 15 years after the events of the hit 2011 film. It follows Caesar (Serkis), the intelligent ape who is trying to maintain dominance over his kingdom, and the scientists struggling to survive in San Francisco.
Peter Chernin, Dylan Clarke, Amanda Silver and Rick Jaffa are producing the movie, which is working off a script by Mark Bomback. It's set for release May 23, 2014.
Russell came to fame as the titular character on TV series Felicity, which ran from 1998 to 2002 on the WB Network and garnered her a Golden Globe. Before The Americans, she starred opposite Will Arnett on the Fox comedy Running Wilde, which ran for 13 episodes. She recently starred in horror pic Dark Skies.
Russell is repped by WME and the Burstein Co.
Email: Rebecca.Ford@thr.com; Twitter: @Beccamford
Hollywood Goes Broadway
What Hollywood Earns
Follow Heat Vision
- Toys R Us Pulls 'Breaking Bad' Dolls From Shelves Following Florida Mom's Petition
- Darling 'Dawson's Creek' Spoof Stars Dachshunds Instead Of Humans
- My Dream Duets: Chatting with Barry Manilow, Andre Cymone and Carroll Matthews Exclusives and The Hawthorne Chronicles
- 'Wasn't He Gay?': A Revealing Question About Mister Rogers
- Aaron Paul Looks For the Best Pizza in Vancouver Before Shooting '9th Life of Louis Drax'
- Chrissy Teigen & Jamie Chung Eat Free Doughnuts In Celebration of Apple Pay!
- Kiernan Shipka Is Pretty in Pink at Broadcasting & Cable Hall Of Fame Awards 2014
- Megan Fox Gets Covered in Blood for a James Franco Project