Kevin Costner, Guillermo del Toro Enlist British Director for 'Midnight Delivery'
Costner is starring in the thriller, which has a script by "Luther" creator Neil Cross.
British helmer Otto Bathurst has closed a deal to direct Kevin Costner in Midnight Delivery, a Universal thriller being produced by Guillermo del Toro and David Linde.
Delivery centers on a father (Costner) who attempts to save his estranged daughter from a Colombian gang by trafficking cocaine to London on a midnight flight.
Neil Cross (co-creator of BBC's Luther) wrote the script, based on an original story by del Toro.
Gary Ungar, Tory Metzger and Russell Ackerman are executive producing.
Bathurst is a BAFTA-winning filmmaker known for his work on British miniseries of the thriller and drama variety. Among the highlights are episodes of Criminal Justice, which starred Ben Whishaw, and more recently a 1920s British gangster miniseries starring Cillian Murphy called Peaky Blinders. The show was created by Steven Knight and premiered in September in the U.K.
Bathurst is repped by WME, Casarotto Ramsay & Associates in the U.K. and attorney Michael Schenkman.
Delivery is being overseen by Universal executive vice president of production Scott Bernstein and creative executive Sara Scott.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR