Kevin Costner, Guillermo del Toro Enlist British Director for 'Midnight Delivery'
Costner is starring in the thriller, which has a script by "Luther" creator Neil Cross.
British helmer Otto Bathurst has closed a deal to direct Kevin Costner in Midnight Delivery, a Universal thriller being produced by Guillermo del Toro and David Linde.
Delivery centers on a father (Costner) who attempts to save his estranged daughter from a Colombian gang by trafficking cocaine to London on a midnight flight.
Neil Cross (co-creator of BBC's Luther) wrote the script, based on an original story by del Toro.
Gary Ungar, Tory Metzger and Russell Ackerman are executive producing.
Bathurst is a BAFTA-winning filmmaker known for his work on British miniseries of the thriller and drama variety. Among the highlights are episodes of Criminal Justice, which starred Ben Whishaw, and more recently a 1920s British gangster miniseries starring Cillian Murphy called Peaky Blinders. The show was created by Steven Knight and premiered in September in the U.K.
Bathurst is repped by WME, Casarotto Ramsay & Associates in the U.K. and attorney Michael Schenkman.
Delivery is being overseen by Universal executive vice president of production Scott Bernstein and creative executive Sara Scott.
Follow Heat Vision
- Dierks Bentley Weighs In On The 'Girl Crush' Country Radio Controversy
- Cookie Lyon of Fox's 'Empire' Sheds Rare Light on Black Women's Incarceration and Reentry
- Ryan Reynolds Spoofs Burt Reynolds In First 'Deadpool' Photo
- What Lindsay From 'Freaks And Geeks' Would Be Up To Today, According to Linda Cardellini
- Sean Hayes & Hubby Lip Sync Iggy Azalea & Jennifer Hudson's 'Trouble' - Watch Now!
- Kim Kardashian's Platinum Blonde Hair Looks Amazing on 'Elle France' April 2015 Cover
- Zayn Malik & Fiancee Perrie Edwards Spotted Out Separately After Leaving One Direction
- Carey Mulligan Talks Cooking Spaghetti Bolognese in 'Skylight' Every Night on 'The Tonight Show' - Watch Here!