Kevin Costner in Talks to Star in Del Toro's 'Midnight Delivery'
Kevin Costner is in talks to star in Midnight Delivery, a Universal thriller being produced by Guillermo del Toro.
The film centers on a father, to be played by Costner, who attempts to save his estranged daughter from a Colombian gang by trafficking cocaine to London on a midnight flight.
Del Toro and Neil Cross (co-creator of BBC's Luther) wrote the script.
Del Toro is prepping for his next directorial outing, Crimson Peak, which will shoot in January 2014, but will be on hand to oversee the production of Delivery, which is eyeing a fall shoot.
David Linde of Lava Bear Films is also producing. Gary Ungar and Tory Metzger will serve as executive producers, as will Russell Ackerman.
Costner is currently enjoying a career resurgence, popping up in several high-profile projects. He plays Jonathan Kent in Man of Steel, will be seen opposite Chris Pine in Jack Ryan and recently wrapped Three Days to Kill, a EuropaCorp thriller.
He is repped by WME and One Talent Management.
Titans of Comic-Con: Stars Re-Create Classic Characters (Photos)
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
Follow Heat Vision
- 'Family Guy'/'Simpsons' Crossover Episode Sneak Peek Is Pure Bliss
- Sexual Harassment At Comic-Con Leads To Call For New Convention Policy
- A Conversation with CBS This Morning's Anthony Mason, Plus Chase Rice, Gentle Giant's Derek Shulman & William Gage Blanton
- The 'Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1' Trailer Is Here To Fight
- 'The Flash' Cast Has a Blast at Buzzfeed's Rooftop Flash Bash
- Amanda Seyfried's Boyfriend Justin Long Almost Gets Tusks Sewn Into His Head in 'Tusk' Trailer - Watch Now!
- Naomi Watts Is In Talks to Star in Jake Gyllenhaal's 'Demolition'
- Kesha Gets Picked Up By Boyfriend Brad Ashenfelter at LAX Airport