Kevin Costner to Train Slaves in 'Django Unchained'
The actor joins Leonardo DiCaprio and Samuel L. Jackson for the Quentin Tarantino helmed Western.
Kevin Costner is joining the all-star cast of Quentin Tarantino’s Django Unchained, the filmmaker's spaghetti Western about a slave in the Old South who teams with a German bounty hunter to search for his wife.
Costner joins a cast that already such bold-faced names as Leonardo DiCaprio, Jamie Foxx, Samuel L. Jackson, and Christoph Waltz.
Costner’s role is a departure from his good-guy roles and a cannonballing into the part of a vile and sadistic trainer of slaves who are forced to fight in death matches for a plantation owner (DiCaprio, also departing from his usual).
Foxx is Django, a man in search of his wife while Waltz is the German who helps him on his quest. Jackson is a head slave who works for DiCaprio and relishes his status over other slaves.
Django ist the second high-profile gig snagged by Costner, once of the biggest studio stars. He recently nabbed the part of Superman’s Earth-bound father, Pa Kent, in Zack Snyder’s Man of Steel movie.
Costner is repped by WME.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Heat Vision
- William Guarnere Dead: 'Band Of Brothers' Vet Dies At 90
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws