Kevin Costner to Train Slaves in 'Django Unchained'
The actor joins Leonardo DiCaprio and Samuel L. Jackson for the Quentin Tarantino helmed Western.
Kevin Costner is joining the all-star cast of Quentin Tarantino’s Django Unchained, the filmmaker's spaghetti Western about a slave in the Old South who teams with a German bounty hunter to search for his wife.
Costner joins a cast that already such bold-faced names as Leonardo DiCaprio, Jamie Foxx, Samuel L. Jackson, and Christoph Waltz.
Costner’s role is a departure from his good-guy roles and a cannonballing into the part of a vile and sadistic trainer of slaves who are forced to fight in death matches for a plantation owner (DiCaprio, also departing from his usual).
Foxx is Django, a man in search of his wife while Waltz is the German who helps him on his quest. Jackson is a head slave who works for DiCaprio and relishes his status over other slaves.
Django ist the second high-profile gig snagged by Costner, once of the biggest studio stars. He recently nabbed the part of Superman’s Earth-bound father, Pa Kent, in Zack Snyder’s Man of Steel movie.
Costner is repped by WME.
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Heat Vision
- Sofía Vergara Reveals Who She Dresses Up For (VIDEO)
- Before The Beat Drops: Heavy English's 'Black Dog' Brings Back Gritty, Bluesy Rock 'N' Roll
- Watch The First Promo For Fox's Controversial New Reality Dating Show 'I Wanna Marry Harry'
- Chelsea Handler Breaks Silence On That Infamous Instagram Photo And Why Network TV Isn't For Her
- Did You Catch the Coen Brothers Easter Egg in Fargo?
- Julie Klausner Talks to Billy Eichner About Billy on the Street, Mayim Bialik, and Getting Fuse to Agree to ‘Ask a Squirter’
- Watch Nick Kroll, Paul Scheer, and NBA Stars Live-Read Space Jam
- Four Scandal Actors Pick Their Characters’ Favorite Monologues