Marvel's Kevin Feige Avoids 'Iron Man' Drama in Twitter Chat
The studio president was happy to answer questions about Tony Stark's armor, and the fictional billionaire's preferred karaoke song -- but not whether the unsigned Robert Downey Jr. or other stars would return.
Marvel Studios president Kevin Feige played it straight during Friday's Twitter chat sponsored by Verizon FiOS, answering fan questions about the making of Iron Man 3 but avoiding questions about deal-making with talent for future installments.
— Tony Stark (@Iron_Man) May 10, 2013
Marvel's ongoing negotiations with its stars, including Robert Downey Jr., burst into the open this week when THR reported that there's a chance Downey may not return to the role.
Feige answered questions ranging from the inspirations for the technology in Iron Man’s armor to how long it took to write the script to whether the Malibu mansion in the movie is real (nope).
He even revealed the song Iron Man would most likely sing during karaoke, who would come out on top if Robocop and Iron Man fought? (“Probably AC/DC” and you can guess the other answer.)
But any questions about Downey's return went unanswered.
Is RDJ signed for another Iron Man or Avengers film? Love him, he us great as Tony. #FiOSIM3Chat
— Shannon Chenoweth (@GirlsGotSole) May 10, 2013
Also avoided was a question about whether American audiences will ever see the special Chinese cut of the movie, or about future possible movies with Marvel characters such as Daredevil or Black Panther.
Many fans asked questions about why Ben Kingsley's Mandarin differed so much from the comics, though, and there were requests that Iron Man and Marvel visit Japan.
Feige did offer some teases -- saying the reason that spy agency SHIELD wasn’t seen in Iron Man 3 will be revealed in future films, and that Extremis, the superhuman affliction, will reappear in a future Marvel project.
My favorite question?
Jeremy Henderson (@ChamberJeremy) asked the following:
— Jeremy Henderson (@ChamberJeremy) May 10, 2013
Don’t worry buddy. You weren’t the only one that didn’t get the answer he was looking for.
2014 Emmy Awards
Follow Heat Vision
- 5 Seconds Of Summer's Calum Hood Sends Naked Snapchat, Then Shrugs It Off With Emoticon
- Why Courtney Stodden Will Never Be Marilyn Monroe, In Her Own Words
- Ridley Scott Addresses 'Exodus' Casting Following Whitewash Backlash
- It's Labor Day, Which Means Your Future Best Picture Winner Might Already Be Here
- Chelsea Clinton Leaving NBC News to Focus On Her Baby & Other Work
- Margot Robbie Begins Filming 'Tarzan' After Mystery Boyfriend is Revealed!
- Aaron Taylor-Johnson & Wife Sam's Home Raided by Armed Police After Gun Spotted Inside
- Ariana Grande Performs 'Bang Bang' On 'Today' Show; Tells The World She's 'Happy' About Love Life