Kevin Smith Auctioning Off Props to Pay for 'Red State'
10:31 AM PDT 4/5/2011 by Mark Cina
Among the items up for grabs: The Bluntman costume he donned in "Jay And Silent Bob Strike Back" and a set of wings Ben Affleck wore in "Dogma."
Going once ....Kevin Smith is auctioning off props and costumes from some of his biggest movies. Proceeds will be used to help Smith cover distribution costs for his independently financed horror film Red State. Among the items up for grabs: The Bluntman costume he donned in Jay And Silent Bob Strike Back; a set of wings Ben Affleck wore in Dogma; a cash register featured in Clerks II and a fake movie script used in Zack And Miri Make A Porno.
Related photos: Kevin Smith's wildest moments On April 9, guests attending Smith’s Red State event at The Wiltern in Los Angeles will have the opportunity to preview select items and purchase a commemorative catalog, filled with detailed interviews and background information. The actual auction takes place Apr. 10 at the Pasadena Convention Conference Center, room 106. Registration begins at 10 a.m., with the auction kicking off at 11 a.m. and lasting until all 341 lots are sold. Fans can view the items and bid online by registering with the official Propworx auction partner. The auction will also be broadcast live on the Propworx Ustream.com channel.
Titans of Comic-Con: Stars Re-Create Classic Characters (Photos)
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
Follow Heat Vision
- Christopher Nolan, Matthew McConaughey Surprise Comic Con With New 'Interstellar' Trailer
- Pedro Pascal Really Wishes He Were Still On 'Game Of Thrones,' Even In Small Part
- Morgan Freeman And Jimmy Fallon Talking On Helium Will Make Your Day
- Conversations with Billy Gilman, Ernest Ranglin, Mary Sarah and Gangstagrass' Rench, Plus Ben Jaimen's "Satellites" Exclusive